Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average the column of a summarized table

Hi all,

Say I've got some data that looks like this in the table called SALES_TABLE.

Kit_0-1666945837627.png

I'm trying to get a summarized value by month and then find the monthly average. I tried this but it seems I am not allowed to reference the column of a table that is created by the SUMMARIZE function.

Kit_1-1666945973962.png

What is the way to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

In the measure, if you created virtual table (temp_table) and wanted to use this virtual table, try writing the measure with averagex, something like below.

averagex(temp_table, [Monthly Sales])

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

In the measure, if you created virtual table (temp_table) and wanted to use this virtual table, try writing the measure with averagex, something like below.

averagex(temp_table, [Monthly Sales])

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Jihwan_Kim! I knew it had to be a simple solution, I just couldn't figure out what it was!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.