Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yforti
Helper II
Helper II

Average over the past 6 months

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble calculating the average for the last 6 months.

I tried this measure and was unsuccessful: 

Msix month =AVERAGEX(DATESINPERIOD(visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE],LASTDATE(visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE]),-1,MONTH),[vlmovimento])

here's the example:
123123.JPG
The measure should calculate the average of the last 6 months for each NAME  (Nome column), in this example = "Alphamed". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yforti ,

Are you trying to calculate average between last month and last 7 month? Would you please try the following measure:

Msix month =
AVERAGEX (
    DATESINPERIOD (
        visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE],
        EOMONTH ( visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE], -1 ),
        MONTH
    ),
    [vlmovimento]
)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yforti ,

Are you trying to calculate average between last month and last 7 month? Would you please try the following measure:

Msix month =
AVERAGEX (
    DATESINPERIOD (
        visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE],
        EOMONTH ( visao_lancamento_setor_Tasy[DT_MOVIMENTO_ESTOQUE], -1 ),
        MONTH
    ),
    [vlmovimento]
)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

yforti
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak i will try to explain myself better

This is my database currently used, the column (% Sector / General Faturavel) is a calculated measure.

Capturara.JPG

I need to find the (% Sector / General Faturavel) of the current month and compare it with the average of the (% Sector / General Faturavel) of the past 6 months.

I did the expected result in excel, see:
Capturar3333.JPG

As my database does not yet have data for February, the last month with data is January, so the calculation for the column (Sum 6 previous months)= Dec2020 + Nov2020 + Oct2020 + Sep2020 + Aug2020 + Jul2020.
After the sum of the past 6 months, I averaged this sum of values. This is what I need to do in BI.

To know:
Sum previous 6 months =SUM(D8:D13)
Average previous 6 months =AVERAGE(D8:D13)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@yforti , With help from date table

Rolling 6 = CALCULATE([vlmovimento],DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-6,MONTH))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.