Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average of %

Hello,

Is there a way to get average of a meassure. I have a growth rate YoY by countries, is it possible to get AVG Growth Rate Yr over Year by Country?

2018-11-24_9-26-45.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You need a matrix, not a table.

temp.png

Then you need your formula to return nothing in year 2, otherwise your 100% in year 2 will skew the numbers.  Here is a formula

Prct Change Population = sumx(VALUES(Calender[Year]),
                            Var PY =  [Tot Pop Prv Yr]
                            return if(PY<>0,DIVIDE(([Total Pop] -  [Tot Pop Prv Yr]),[Total Pop],0)))

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Sorry, that was a silly mistake. Just change sumx to averagex 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Yes it is possible. The cause is a bit hard to understand when you first start out. I have written a blog SUM vs SUMX that explains it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattAllingtonCould not find teh solution in your blog.

If you post a sample workbook, I will take a look. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a matrix, not a table.

temp.png

Then you need your formula to return nothing in year 2, otherwise your 100% in year 2 will skew the numbers.  Here is a formula

Prct Change Population = sumx(VALUES(Calender[Year]),
                            Var PY =  [Tot Pop Prv Yr]
                            return if(PY<>0,DIVIDE(([Total Pop] -  [Tot Pop Prv Yr]),[Total Pop],0)))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattAllingtonChange in % is sum of all Percentages of Each Country. Example: Afghanistan Shows 14.41%. but actual average of 5 years should be

3.26 + 3.13 + 2.90 + 2.65 + 2.46 = 14.4 / 5 ( = 2.88). Is there a way to achive this?

Thanks

Sorry, that was a silly mistake. Just change sumx to averagex 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattAllingtonis it possible to also Rank by % Change in Population, when I use RankX it gives me 1 for every row.

Rank by Prct Change = RankX(ALL(Population), [% Change in Population], , DESC)

I deally I would like user to provide # like Top 3, Top 5 etc.

This formula works as long as there is no year on the visual

Rank = RANKX(all(Population[Country Name]),[Prct Change Population])

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsome

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.