Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andy88
Frequent Visitor

Average of rating value

Hi, 

I have a table which can be simply put as having a location and a rating (from 1-5) as column titles with entries of these on each row, as a measure the default would be the count of the rating of 1 - 5 but what I would like to be able to show is the average rating of each location rather than the average of the count of rating. 

Any help would be great. 

3 REPLIES 3
prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Capture.PNG

1.Create custom Columns for all rating by multiplying them by their base value - Rating1*1 = 1*Table1[Rating1]

2. Sum the score - TotalRating = Table1[Rating1*1]+Table1[Rating2*2]+Table1[Rating3*3]+Table1[Rating4*4]+Table1[Rating5*5]

3. Sum the no of responses - TotalResponses = Table1[Rating1]+Table1[Rating2]+Table1[Rating3]+Table1[Rating4]+Table1[Rating5]

4. Calculate the avg - Avg = Table1[TotalRating]/Table1[TotalResponses]

Or you can do all the above in a single step and have an Average column

Hi,

Is there a way to get the count of each rating into a new column as I mentioned that the ratings of each entry are in seperate rows. 

Capture.PNG

Hi @andy88,

The values (5, 2) of "FinalSatisfaction" shown in above screenshot are the count value of rating, right? Then, how could I know the actual ratings of each location?

Please provide more sample data and show us your desired output with example to help us better understand your requirement. I need to know the structure of rating table, how to calculate the average value, what is your desired result.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.