Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aa_KF
Helper I
Helper I

Average of averages measure that ignore one slicer

Hello, I have table that stores the progress of employee at on day in a single record:

Emp   |  Data             | No.Cases   | Delayed

Mr. A    21/10/2019     3                  0

Mr. B    21/10/2019     2                  1

Mr.A    20/10/2019     5                   1

Mr.C    20/10/2019     7                   0

Mr.B    20/10/2019      8                   1

Mr.D    18/10/2019     12                 1

Then I have two Slicers: 1. for the employee names 2. for the Date period

I need to calculate thier Delay Scores based on thier on average on that period and the averge of all employee that same period. 

Average of specific employee in a specifc period: 

I have created a measure that will calculate the averge of each indvuldae that period, and it is working fine when I want to know the averge delay of a specific employee in a specific period using this Dax: 

(CALCULATE (
AVERAGE ('Table1'[Delayed]),
FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table1' ), 'Table1'[EMPIDM] = MAX ( 'Table1'[EMPIDM] ) )
)) 

What is needed is the Total averge of all employee which changes when changing the Date filter but doesn't change when selecting one employee. Which will be the Average of the Average: (Sum of Average of specific employee/no. employee who has records that period). 

For example considering the above table: 
-The Average delay of Mr. A in the period 20-21/10 is: 0.5 (since he is has only one delay in two days) Done using the Dax above
-The Average delay of Mr. B in the period 20-21/10 is:  1 (since he is delayed in both 2 days) Done using the Dax above
-The Average delay of Mr. C in the period 20-21/10 is: 0 (He has no delays) Done using the Dax above

Now what I want is Average of the averages in 21-21/10:
Which will be (0.5 + 1 + 0)/3 = 0.5. (will ignore the the Employee names filter and will consider only the Date filter). How can this be done?

It would be great help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi dax,

Thank you a lot! unfortunately it didn't work the way expecte,  what I did is that I duplicated the table and created the average of averges measure using it, also created a date table and this solves the issue, although it takes longer time to refresh. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi aa_KF,

You could refer to my sample to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi dax,

Thank you a lot! unfortunately it didn't work the way expecte,  what I did is that I duplicated the table and created the average of averges measure using it, also created a date table and this solves the issue, although it takes longer time to refresh. 

Thank you!

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi aa_KF, 

It seems that you solved this problem, right? If so and if you'd like to, you could mark corresponding post as answer or share your solutions. That way, people who in this forum and have similar issue will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.