Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biki
Helper I
Helper I

Average of Percentage Measure

hi,

i created a report which shows average of salesman's daily visit percentage in a month

the formula to get daily percentage is simple = if(visit>1,1,visit/2), so the result must be 0, 0.5 or 1

it's valid for one level only (in this case for salesman's visit), but when it comes to higher level (eg, group leader who lead more than 1 salesman - in marketing organizational structure) the value is wrong.

here's the example:

pbi.JPG

on salesman's level, the Average column is valid, but not on group leader's. it's supposed to 74.36% which comes from total summarize of his daily percentage divided by count of the days (in this case the formula was 9.67/13) not 69.70% which i thought comes from total average of his salesmen's daily percentage (23/33).

can someone please help me how to solve this?

any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

thanks so much!

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @biki ,

You can try to create column like DAX below.

Average= IF(HASONEVALUE(Table1[group leader]),SUMX(Table1,[Percentage])/COUNT(Table1[Visit Date]),AVERAGEX(Table1,[Percentage]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Amy, thanks for your quick response Smiley Happy

i tried your suggestion, created a measure with that DAX formula, but still the monthly average of group leader's visit refers to average(all his salesman's visit in those period of dates) which has value 69.70% instead of 74.36% from sum(daily average of all his salesman's visit)/count(dates).

below i recaptured the daily salesman's visit (yellow area, only salesman did a visit), and the group leader's daily visit is come from daily average of all his salesmen (white area below dates). the valid value of group leader's monthly visit is on Valid avg column, not on Average column (pink area).

pbi.JPG

the formula on salesman X/Y/Z row is if(visit>1,1,visit/2)

the formula on group leader A row is daily average of all his salesmen

the formula on Valid avg column is sum(daily value)/count(dates) and applied for both salesman and group leader.

hope this help to understand the case Smiley Happy

and thanks for any help!

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @biki ,

So, your formula "sum(daily value)/count(dates) " doesn't work?

Could you please share your sample data screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

hi Amy,

thanks for the idea to share the sample pbix.

here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5jVvK8HsgUm3JFfCwb9TVGMrdT

i created 2 matrix tables:

1. with a column average

2. with a measure from your DAX formula

the group leader's total value shoud be 74.36% not 69.70%

thanks a bunch!

Hi everyone,

Is there anybody, who can help me with this? I gave you the pbi example above so you can understand the case better.

Really hope there's a way around with Power Bi, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.