Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

orischmann9291
Frequent Visitor

Average of Columns

I have three fields with sales representative in one listing who was working that day, one being the date and then on a different data source I have the date field as well and everything that was sold that day.  I am trying to figure out what the average # of sold for each salesperson per days worked by item since everyone has not worked the same number of days.  My data looks something like what is below.  So I would find out the average # of gloves sold by Sally and the average # of shoes sold by Sally based on working 3 days.  Thank you for the help

Data 1.PNGData 2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @orischmann9291

Can you please post what your expected outcome is for this sample set of data?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark

In the sample data my expected output would be 

Sally average gloves per day = 1.66

Sally average shoes per day = .2

So it would be two measures but obviously once I know have the first measure it would be repalcing gloves for shoes to get the second one.  I want to be able to see what this is for everyone and there averages on both things.

Hi @orischmann9291

I added the following three calculated measures to my model using your sample data.

Days worked = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table1'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table1','Table1'[Salesperson]))
Items Sold = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table2'))
Ratio = DIVIDE([Items Sold],[Days worked])

And got the following when used in a table visual

image.png

As you can see, I calculate that Sally worked for three days (1st, 5th & 6th), and she sold 4 gloves and 2 shoes in that time, so not sure what I am doing wrong to not arrive at your numbers.

I have attached a PBIX file for you to look at.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.