Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sime
Helper I
Helper I

Average from Matrix Total

Hi All,

I'm struggling to obtain the yearly average, (current and previous years), from the row totals in a Matrix grid. 

I had created a measure and applied this to the grid and the monthly averages were correct but the average for the total wasn't even close. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sime
Helper I
Helper I

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to achieve the expected result by creating a subtotal measure and then using another measure to average this value.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sime
Helper I
Helper I

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to achieve the expected result by creating a subtotal measure and then using another measure to average this value.

Thanks again.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sime 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

To solve the question, more information is needed.

(1) A sample file, you can replace the raw data with bogus data.

(2) if you are not able to provide a sample file, could you provide some sample data in text? and the measure [KPI Average] you create.

(3) Your expected result. For example, in the picture, the last Average for Total Value is 2.71, it's incorrect. So please specify the correct value based on your sample.

Thanks 🙂

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sime
Helper I
Helper I

Sime_0-1637263862075.png

Averages are appearing fine for the individual columns but incorrectly for the total.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.