cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Average for 3 terms in a row

Hi Dale,

I couldn't mange it, when I type this formula it says the formula is too long, and too many values it consists. Have no idea what's wrong. Actually I created very simple measures, such as The Sum of a definite column (measure=Sum (table1(meters)) and so on

Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

..and only

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rustami4,

Could you please share some snapshots of the error messages? Or share the .pbix file directly. A dummy one is enough.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dale, I liked the idea you described. But could you please make it more clear...look at the attached picСнимок.PNGI can't get what the encircled values means?! That "sumMeters", i'm typing this and my PBI indicates that's wrong

Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Actually I'm sure we chose the right direction

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rustami4,

The encircled value is a parameter of Summarize. So you can't use it somewhere else unless you create a table with Summarize.

Average for 3 terms in a row.jpg 

The second encircled value is a parameter of SUMX, which is inherited from Summarize. How did you use it in your formula?

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi, Dale. 

How did you define the encircled parameters, I mean is it a separate function or what? Am I supposed to create them separately as a function and after put in the formula above? 

Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I randomly clicked "Accept as solution", the issue is still open Smiley Very Happy

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rustami4,

The encircled value is just a column name of the virtual table returned by Summarize. Which step are you in?

Best Regards!

Dale

Rustami4 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

So...the first encircled value is a parameter of sum for 3 distinct parameters (serial, assy,repair), right? I'm just wondering how did you specify the task for it technicially? how this measure function looks