Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average filtered by column from different table

I am very new to Power BI, so this may have a very easy solution, but I haven't been able to find it.

I have 2 tables, one with transactions data and another with yields (quarterly). They both have Column Y (Year) , that I would like to have as a filter / axis for graphs.

However, when trying to connect the two data sets on one chart (pic 1), the year average for yields is calculated incorrectly when filtering it with Y from transaction table. I believe that it happens because Power BI doesn't percieve the Year column from two tables as the same column (Pic 2), though when trying to merge queries in Query Editor it will match the year values correctly. How can I correct this?

Pic 1Pic 1Pic 2Pic 2

English is not my first language, so in case wording isn't clear I will be glad to clarify further .

Thanks in advance, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Based on your description, I guess " the year average for yields" you meantioned is a measure to calculate average percentage each year, right? The issue should be caused that you use a column in another table as a X-axis and the measure you created as Y-axis. Please try calculate column instead of measure and check again.

However, if this issue still persists, please share the sample data(e.g.: dummy data of the two tables) and the dax code of the measure.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Based on your description, I guess " the year average for yields" you meantioned is a measure to calculate average percentage each year, right? The issue should be caused that you use a column in another table as a X-axis and the measure you created as Y-axis. Please try calculate column instead of measure and check again.

However, if this issue still persists, please share the sample data(e.g.: dummy data of the two tables) and the dax code of the measure.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Could you show us how the table are related?
What columns are you setting up the relationship with? (show value)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.