Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average calculated based on filtered values by date slicer

I have three gauge visuals that display the average of three columns from the same table.
I also have a table visual that displays the relevant table data, including the three aforementioned columns.
Lastly, I have a simple date slicer that filters the report to individual days.

Currently, they show the average of all values unfiltered, even those the gauge visual shows the date filter applied.
Only when I select specific rows in the table visual do the gauge visuals update with a filtered average.

I want the three gauge visuals to display the averages of the the three columns filtered by the date in the slicer.
So daily averages. I tried to create measures and calculate the measures, but I got the same result.
Seems like a very common, and simple task but I can't find a straight answer online. How can I accomplish this?

Image:

2019-09-18-14-04-50

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,
it will be helpful to post the DAX code of your measure.

Do you have a dedicated Calendar table that is related to you "fact" table, that contains the three relevant columns.

Maybe you have to check the relationship if there is a dedicated calendar table.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have a dedicated calendar table.
I have a table with 'Date Scheduled', 'CCFM Value', 'Moisture Value', and 'TW Value'

My measure is quite literally Average([CCFM Value]), etc...

I am trying to figure out a way to have a date slicer on 'Date Scheduled' and have the measure calculate the average SOLELY based on the values that correspond to the filtered date.

If you look at the image, for the date 9/16/2019 I should be seeing a daily average, but instead the visual shows an average of all values in the dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.