Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Tickets Age Over Month

Hi All,

I have created Complaint status as New, WIP and closed based on date table and complaints table.

2020-09-29_19h35_50.png

Now i need a trend line for avg age of open complaints for every month. I have a separate date table and Complaints table.

2020-09-29_19h38_14.png

Please find the sample as below:

Sample dataset:

Complaint Nbr  CreatedMonth  ClosedMonth   Status  Created Date  Closed Date 

C1                         Jan 2019         Jan 2019         New      1/2/2019         1/28/2019

C2                         Dec 2018                               WIP       12/15/2018      

C3                         Jan 2019                                New      1/24/2019

C4                         Dec 2018        Jan 2019        Closed   12/18/2018     1/15/2019

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , it would like this.

calculate(averageX(values(Complaint Nbr), datediff(min(Table[Created Date]),max(Date[date]),Day)), crossfilter(Date[date], Table[Created Date]))

Assumed active join with date table is Table[Created Date]

and you have taken same approach as my HR blog:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

And the formula which you provided averagex(values(complaint Nbr) gives avg count of complaints?

I am sorry i am trying to figure it out for the first time.

I need to calculate average number of days for open ticket in a month.

@Anonymous ,

calculate(averageX(values(Complaint Nbr) // Group data at Nbr and then Take avg

, datediff(min(Table[Created Date]),max(Date[date]),Day)), crossfilter(Date[date], Table[Created Date]) // Date diff with Max date , in case month month end date , open to max date in the row or date selected. in days. Avg of that is needed 

)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the clarification on Average function in DAX.

I got more clarification on the average age for complaints. Instead of date difference between Closed & Created Date, i need to find the average value for the below:

I need to calculate average of date difference between

1.  Cust contact Date & Analysis Date

2. if (Analysis Date is blank) then difference between (Cust Conatct Date & Closed Date)

3. if (Analysis Date is blank) & (Closed Date is blank) then Date difference between (Cust Contact Date & Credit Issued Date)

Note: I dont have relationship between my calendar table & date table.

Kindly let me know if it is feasible.

Thanks in Advance!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The above mentioned calculation is feasible but i need to know how to equate this calculation from complaint table to the Date table since i am using the date from Date table in my chart as x-axis.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

i didnt link the two tables since i have derived calculation for New, wip and closed as below:

1) New1 = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Complaint Nbr]), Data[Creation Date] in DISTINCT('Open_Close DateTable'[Date]))
2) WIP =
VAR minDate =
MIN ( 'Open_Close DateTable'[Date])
RETURN
CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( Data[Complaint Nbr] ), NOT(ISBLANK(Data[Creation Date])),
Data[Creation Date] < minDate, ISBLANK(Data[Closure Date])
)
3) Closed = VAR mindate = Min('Open_Close DateTable'[Date]) return calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Complaint Nbr]), Data[Closure Date] in DISTINCT('Open_Close DateTable'[Date]), Data[Creation Date] < mindate)

Without linking the two tables, is it possible to achieve the above average age for complaints?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.