Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average,STDEV,count by hour+day of week

Hi, I'm trying to create a bar graph with:

y axis=hour

x axis=the following fields

I have a field that correspond to day of the week.

I'm trying to show in the previous graph (x=hour):

-count for the current day

-average count by day of the week, for those with same day of today (to graph with hour in the x axis)

-STDV by day of the week, for those with same day of today (same as average)

So: Tuesday count by hour, for past tuesdays AVERAGE AND STDV by hour.

I'm trying AVERAGEX fitering by day of the week, but the result have no sense.

Any ideas of where can I start?

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

Create the following measure in your original table.

Measure = COUNT(Hoja1[codigo])

Then create the group table using DAX below. However, could you please describe more details about how you calculate average in Excel? As I notice that there is no 07:30 data for Jueves at 10/11/2018.

GroupTable = SUMMARIZE(Hoja1,Hoja1[fecha],Hoja1[DiaSemana],Hoja1[Tipo],Hoja1[hora],"Total",[Measure])

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please share sample data of your table and post expected result here following the instructions in this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the lack of information in previous post, can't attach a file here so here's the google Drive link to excel input/expected result +pbix almost empty, every test I made give wrong results.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vd8JSB-0Vew4oWz9ZaEs4GTNtSsRVVlu

There you have the pbix with the excel loaded, the source excel and the expected output in excel: 

-Raw has the database data

-In grouped I count records

-In AVG_STDV I calculate the average and DSTV from the current day and the values for today until the hour I extract the data.

-Then in the graph (I don't have much data now so it seems a little ugly but I show: current value, average and 1 standard deviation up and down to the average for each hour.

General idea: to know the normal process function and improve the management of the demand.

Thank you!

@Anonymous,

Create the following measure in your original table.

Measure = COUNT(Hoja1[codigo])

Then create the group table using DAX below. However, could you please describe more details about how you calculate average in Excel? As I notice that there is no 07:30 data for Jueves at 10/11/2018.

GroupTable = SUMMARIZE(Hoja1,Hoja1[fecha],Hoja1[DiaSemana],Hoja1[Tipo],Hoja1[hora],"Total",[Measure])

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I didn't know the SUMARIZE function, is like a GROUP BY,

To calculate the average y transform the N/A to 0, but that was because the system was in testing, I will have values for all interval (or I'll se how to fill empty values with "0"), I let that to another fase, I don't thing that will be so simple

thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.