Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Average Last 6 months accumulated

Hello dear community, I come to you so you can help me with this DAX calculation.

I need a Calculated Column that shows me:

• the average of the last 6 months accumulated for each collaborator (in case the collaborator appears > = 6 times in the year);
  • or in case the collaborator in the period of the current year appears less than 6 months, which shows the average based on the number of months that the collaborator has been in the company in the current period, for example:

Filtered Year: 2021
Current month: May2021 (5)
Age of the collaborator to May2021: 3 months (that is, the collaborator appears 3 times until May, if in June he becomes active, the collaborator when we are in June then will appear 4 times, and so on)

Then the average will be = (Sea + Apr + May)/3

Also consider, I already have a calendar table in my Power BI.

Here I have an example sample of what exactly I want (column "Average Last 6 months), you can download the file here:

I also leave the estracto here:

Reyesnes_0-1623906208099.png

I read them, I hope you can help me as soon as possible. and thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Syndicate_Admin 

Please create the following measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE([Compensation]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),[Date]<=MAX([Date])),DATESINPERIOD('Table'[Date],MAX([Date]),-6,MONTH))

Vpazhenmsft_1-1624263566775.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Syndicate_Admin 

Please create the following measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE([Compensation]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),[Date]<=MAX([Date])),DATESINPERIOD('Table'[Date],MAX([Date]),-6,MONTH))

Vpazhenmsft_1-1624263566775.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Try a measure with date table, that would be better

Rolling 6= CALCULATE(Average(Table[compensation]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-6,MONTH))

or

Rolling 6= CALCULATE(AverageX(values('Date'[Month year]),calculate(sum(Table[compensation]))),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-6,MONTH))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.