Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatted visual update when changed column name in data source

Hey everybody,

I have the following issue: I need to update a column name of my datasource which leads to a broken visual. Anyone having a idea how to solve this?

Initial data source and visual:

1.PNG2.PNG

Updated data source and visual:

3.PNG4.PNG

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Open query editor and remove "Changed Type" step.

2-1.PNG

But you still need to configure visuals manually.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-eachen-msft  ! Is there no other workaround then adjusting the visuals manually?

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Better way to rename your column name from Power Query Editor. Go to Power Query Editor --> Select your column --> Rename it's name -->Save the changes.

Please dont forget to give THUMBS UP for support!

It my post helpful so please accept this as a solution! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your response. Unfortunately, this is not always possible e.g. connection to ERP systems where column names are adjusted. In this case it is not possible to rename in the editor.

Any other ideas? Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.