Visitor

Automation of specific visuals from an indicator

Hi all, I am quite new to Power BI so am trying to get a sense of what is in scope/feasible.  I am trying to complete the following task: Take some metric data which is either stored in a DB or on Sharepoint and compare the values against a certain threshold. If they don't meet the criteria, a specific visualization will be triggered and put on the report showing the off-track metric, as well as a summary (again only triggered by the exception noted in comparing values). I know this can be done fairly easily manually, but my question is whether this could be fully automated? If so, a push in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks much! 

Community Support Team

Re: Automation of specific visuals from an indicator

Hi @brandoom,

We can use if function to work on it. I made one sample for your reference. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me.

1. To create the measures as below.

total = SUM(Table1[value])
fil = IF([total]>15,[total],BLANK())
fil2 = IF([total]>18,[total]," ")

2. Then we can get the result as below.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Attachment
Community Support Team

Re: Automation of specific visuals from an indicator

Hi @brandoom,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.