Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

altchung
Frequent Visitor

Automatically refreshing filters when using drillthrough

Hi All,

I am using the drill through function on a map, which enables users to drill through to a table which contains more detailed data.  On this page, there are filters to filter the data.  When a filter is applied, and I go back to the map to drill through another area, the filter previously used remains enabled.  

So, my question is if there is a way to refresh all data from a drill through.

Many thanks,

A

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @altchung ,

As far as I know, there is no built-in solution. Your method can be used as an alternative. In addition, you can put forward ideas here to attract the attention of power bi.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/ 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @altchung ,

How you are navigating back to the map ? are you using bookmarks or are you using any other way ?

Hi @Jaideepnema,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to use bookmarks, but it doesn't work for this application.

The application is the following.  I have a map and users can drill through to get more details about a town.  Example, user decides to drill through Melbourne from the map.  This takes them to a table that shows a list of all the suburbs in Melbourne separated into those that are located north or south of the city.  Users can then filter to see the north or south suburbs.  Let's say user filters for north.  Then the user goes back to the map and this time wants to see the list of towns in Geneva and drills through.  The filter for the table is still set to "north" as this was the last selection.  It would be good for the filters to be cleared once the user navigates away from the page.  My last resort is to put a note to remind users to clear the filters if there is no built in solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.