Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jomikk
Helper I
Helper I

Automatically refresh report when editing query parameter and applying changes

Hi, I have a query parameter for which I have enabled loading, so that I can have a visual of the parameter in the report.

The issue is that when I edit the parameter and apply the query, while the numbers and charts update, the report visual does not refresh and thus shows the old query parameter. Is it any way to automatically refresh the report/query parameter visual when applying changes?

(Optimally it would do this automatically without even having to press apply changes after editing query parameter)

Edit: Ok, now I see that it is my Query parameter table that does not update after applying changes, I have to right click and "Refresh data" on the table before it refreshes the visual. But I would have thought that when I have enabled load on the parameter, that it would automatically update the table when I edit the parameter? I have of course checked "Include in report refresh"

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jomikk,

Thank you for sharing the solution. To help close this thread, you could post the answer as a new message and accept it as solution rather than edit the original one. That way, other community members may also benefit.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, I have not found the solution.

The table does not update automatically when I edit the query parameter, even though I have checked "include in report refresh". So I'm still looking for suggestions.

@jomikk,

If you mean to remove the step "Apply changes" when editing parameters, just give feedback via https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.