Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ben_Nash
Helper I
Helper I

Automatically refresh JSON feed

Hi

I’m looking to automatically refresh a webhose.io JSON feed in Power BI.  

Webhose.io gives you an ‘endpoint’ and I’ve managed to feed this into Power BI successfully via the JSON connector, but this only gives you the first 100 articles:

http://webhose.io/filterWebContent?token=cea99d95-447a-4aa9-955b-05a55c1a9f32&format=json&sort=crawl...

You need to keep adding the ‘next’ code in order to get the next 100 articles:

"totalResults": 38544,

"moreResultsAvailable": 38444,

"next": "/filterWebContent?token=cea99d95-447a-4aa9-955b-05a55c1a9f32&format=json&ts=1510365182000&q=%22donald+trump%22+language%3Aenglish&sort=crawled",

Is it possible to write a script in Power Query that allows you to automatically 'cycle' through all articles?

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ben_Nash,

After research, there is no "looping" in Power Query, only recursion. And I list some blog and threads below. Hope it it's helpful.

Do … While loop with Power BI (M language)
How to automate/parameterize/loop power query?
Be Fitbit BI Developer in Few Steps: Step 2 Loop Through All CSV Files

In addition, you can also go to the Power Query forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia

Thanks - I'll look into options outlined! I'm thinking the other way to incorporate the webhose.io JSON feed into Power BI is via Power BI's REST APIs?

Thanks

Ben

Hi @Ben_Nash.

More knowloedage about Power BI's REST API, you can post your thread in Power BI develper to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.