Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SerDontos
Frequent Visitor

Automatically including "today's" date on a sale report

Please pardon my ignorance, I'm very new to BI. So basically I have a report which lists our company's sale objective for the month based on what we sold last year on that same month. The filters I have in this visual include a measure I created showing "Units Sold Forecast" which basically multiplies the # of units we sold on that month last year times a certain percentage; a filter for "Sale Date = 2018"; a filter for "Sale Date Month = December" and a filter for "Sale Date = Day". My problem is that every morning I have to check "today's date", i.e. " the 26th" (keep in mind that all other days prior to that have already been checked.) I would like to know if there's a way to write a DAX or create a column that will automatically select whatever day today is when I refresh my report. I haven't had much luck with the DatesMTD formula since I'm looking for last year's numbers but maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SerDontos 

You might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@SerDontos did you looked at relative date filtering?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes sir, the only problem is that I'm looking for last year's numbers on a specific month. Maybe I'm missing something but the relative date filtering doesn't seem to give me the ability to choose specific days for a month in the previous year.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.