Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rian_
Frequent Visitor

Automatically exporting Power BI table to Excel

Hi there, I want to use an R package that exports data from Power BI to a xslx file (called openxlsx), so that I can auto-refresh the dashboard with a personal gateway and the R-script within it. This will give us an auto-refresh option to get Excel (.xslx) files from Power BI. 

This R package works in the desktop version of Power BI however it is not supported on the PBI Service, and thus can't be run automatically with the scheduled refresh.

My question is if there are any other solutions to automatically export a Power BI table to an Excel file (xlsx, csv or anything in between)?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
amalm
Helper III
Helper III

I'm also really interested in this, does anyone have a solution yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rian_ ,

For some reason, R Script isn't supported online. There is a python visualization that DOES work online, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to coding, but maybe you could convert the R to python? Maybe using this?

I was trying to figure out the same thing, so I'd be interested in seeing the R script you found if you wouldn't mind linking it, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.