Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aalfa
Frequent Visitor

Automatically Sort Y-Axis based on value in 100% Stacked Bar Chart

Hello there,

I am looking to have the Y-Axis groups sort automatically based on a value dependent on an array of statues. For example, here are the status options:

a - Not Started

b - Preparing

...c, d, e, f, g 

If a group on the Y-Axis has any values within the "g" status, I want it to appear first in the order before an "f", or an "e" and so on. If a group only has "a" status items, then it will appear last (on the bottom row). Note: I do not want to change the order of the legend (I want the order to still run "a" through "g" in any given group).

photo 2017-05-26_16-05-51_zpsgdalhnqd.jpg

I have tried creating a sort order column to assign each status an order value and then tried sorting the status field by the sort order but it would not allow me.

I appreciate your help and hopefully there is a solution.

Thank you,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@aalfa

Currently, it's not possible the sort text column “anti-alphabetically”. And it's not possible the have one text column sorted by another text column.

Can you try to have your Y-Axis category feild sorted by that sort order column directly?

Regards,

Would I have to replace the current Axis field with this numerical value? I still want to be able to list all the various areas names on the Y-axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.