Hi, I got a probelm when i import Oracle DB to Power BI Desktop (with Direct query).
when i check in Oracle DB, It show me 'YYYY-MM-DD' in date type.
but when i import in Power BI, it change automatically 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'.
if i change type manually, i can not use direct query mode anymore.(must disable when i change anything manually).
anyone who has the same problem like me, please reply or advice plz...
Go to Solution.
1. Get your data as is from Oracle DB.
2. Close the query editor
3. Click on the column in field list and then go to Modelling tab.
4. Change the type to date.
It might work.
View solution in original post
I don't have a readily available Oracle data source to check this out but can you confirm any of the following;
1. Are querying just the column or are you doing data transformation like to_date(...,''YYYY-MM-DD'')?
2. Can you change the data type to_char on the date part of the query itself?
3. Once changed, does PBI still transform it into a date/time data type?
Join us in the third Triple A event!
It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.
Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!