Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Automatic spellcheck for forum messages?

Hi all,

When writing a post, there is an option to check the spelling but you have to press it explicitly for it to act. Is there a way to have the spellcheck active by default, so that it checks the text as you write (like on most text tools nowadays)? I'vee looked through the settings but could not find it.

If not currently available, it'd be nice if this feature can be added.

Thanks  

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlB,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, you could vote for below idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8206656-fuzzy-comparison-function...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-danhe-msft for your reply.

The idea you're referring to does not seem to address what I am talking about. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly. I am referring to the menu I am using to write this very reply. See the capture with the ABC-check  sign on the right (in the red rectangle). That is what I mean, the spellcheck.

image.png

Hi @AlB,

Sorry for misunderstanding what you are talking about, I have searched below idea that you could vote:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15631263-spell-check

Hope it could meet your requirements.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FYI, there are browser extensions that will check your spelling as you type in any text box on any site that you allow it to. I use Grammarly myself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.