Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arnault_
Resolver III
Resolver III

Automatic scaling on Y axis

Hi All,

I have seen different thread about the same issue. I have not seen any proper answer. Here is my problem.

I would like to Y axis to adujst to the values displayed on the visual. In the foramtting option, I choose "auto".

I don't want to fix it to Millions or Thousands for two reasons:

- I use a switch function to change the measures based on the slicer selection: number of oreder lines are likely to be "thousands or less" and financial value are expressed in "Millions".

- The second reason is that the user can filter down by using different slicers and choosing a format by default would not be suitable. If I set it to Millions, even in the granular level of filtering it will show 0.00M which is not acceptable. In any case it should not show Billions, since the figures are not high enough to display it as Billions.

See the example below:

2021-01-07_09h11_44.png

Now, I have noticed something weird (second image). I have just copied / pasted the visual and change the size (second chart on the right), then the auto scaling feature works... WTF !!!

Is there any possibility to fix this?

Thanks

2021-01-07_09h22_28.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arnault_ , I think Auto is best option. I think you are using measure slicer, shift in scale might not be soo smooth.

Measure slicer using calculation group might be better option , check - https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/introducing-calculation-groups/

View solution in original post

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Arnault_ 

Measure1 =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "Order lines", [orderlines],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "Packing lines", [Packing lines],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "value", [value],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "volumn", [volumn],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "weight", [volumn]
)

PowerBI currently does not support setting different data format in one measure ,even if you have set different format for the sub-measure.

Foramtting option "auto" just makes the report automatically adjust for better data display.

As mentioned by @amitchandak ,creating calculation groups using Tabular Editor may be the most likely solution to solve it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Arnault_ 

Measure1 =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "Order lines", [orderlines],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "Packing lines", [Packing lines],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "value", [value],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "volumn", [volumn],
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'New Table'[field] ) = "weight", [volumn]
)

PowerBI currently does not support setting different data format in one measure ,even if you have set different format for the sub-measure.

Foramtting option "auto" just makes the report automatically adjust for better data display.

As mentioned by @amitchandak ,creating calculation groups using Tabular Editor may be the most likely solution to solve it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Arnault_
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for you answer. Using calculation group will probably not solve my issue and I don't think it worths the effort. How is this kind of behaviour not automaticaly handled by Power BI? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arnault_ , I think Auto is best option. I think you are using measure slicer, shift in scale might not be soo smooth.

Measure slicer using calculation group might be better option , check - https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/introducing-calculation-groups/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.