Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naveen_BN
Frequent Visitor

Automatic drill down based on the slicer slicer selection to Next level

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirements, automatic drill down to next level based on the slicer selection or the visual should change based on the slicer selection

Slicers:- Region, District, Territory.

When user select the specific region in slicer, user should get the all the districts data in column chart and table.

Next level, When user selects the specific district in slicer , user should get all the territory data in column chart and table.

Do we have any options to get by Unioning the columns in the table or any other options.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @Naveen_BN 

For your need , In Power BI , There is only "Drill through" meet your need , you can try to use it , i hope it can help you.

For more information, you can refer to :

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Naveen_BN 

You can try to use "Fied Parameter" and update the "NAMEOF" in it. Then you can select the one level in the slicer , then show the next level you want in your visual.

This is my test data :

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1668576883169.png

We can create a "Field Parameter" :

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1668576915912.png

Then we can update the "Name of" according to our need :

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1668577038644.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Aniya Zhang,

This works on the hierrachy level, if i select particular district. It should drill down to next level based on the specific district selection..

Thank you

Hi , @Naveen_BN 

For your need , In Power BI , There is only "Drill through" meet your need , you can try to use it , i hope it can help you.

For more information, you can refer to :

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Thank you.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Naveen_BN , Check if field parameter can help

Power BI Field Parameters — A Quick way for Dynamic Visuals: https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-field-parameters-a-quick-way-for-dynamic-visuals-fc4095ae9af...
Power BI Field Parameters- Measure Slicer and Axis/Dimension slicer: https://youtu.be/lqF3Wa1FllE

But in case you select a region say R1 then you want axis to be on the next level, I doubt that is possible.

Hi Amith,

Thanks for the feed back. Am looking for the next level axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.