Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wedding55
Helper II
Helper II

Automatic Cumulated Delta

Hello,

i created the following table (please do not consider the chronology).

20190816_table4.png

I calculated the column "%"  with the follwing measure:

% = IF(ISBLANK(Tabelle1[2019 J]);BLANK();DIVIDE(Tabelle1[2019 J]-Tabelle1[2018 J];Tabelle1[2018 J]))

I have two questions:

1. Now i want a second colum hat calculate the cumulated the delta. If August of the new year is blank then calculate the sum from 2019 September - Dezember and compare it with the sum from 2018 September - Dezember. If only April is blank then compare the sum from September - August etc. Do you understand the logic?

2. It is possible to avoid the calculation for the entire figures? It only make sense when both years are full.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wedding55 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue Ding,

sorry for the delay. I havent had time to test it. I will try to test it the next days.

Best Regards

Henning

Hi Xue Ding,

sorry for the delay. It works good in your file. In my file i have one column with the turnover from the last 3 finacial years. I sort them in different columns with the measure:

= CALCULATE(Sum('Übersicht'[Umsatz]);DATESBETWEEN('Übersicht'[Datum];"01.07.2017";"30.06.2018"))

So i have a column for each fiscal year. I can´t work with them in your meausre. I think beacuse its already calculated or what do you think?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wedding55 ,

For the scenario, I created a measure to implement. You can download my sample and have a try.

• create an index column based on the column of month in Power Query
  • create a measure 
2019-2018 cumulated values = 
var a = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Index]),FILTER('Table','Table'[2019] = BLANK()))
var new = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[2019]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Index] <= MAX('Table'[Index]) && 'Table'[Index] > a  ))
var last =  CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[2018]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Index] <= MAX('Table'[Index]) && MAX('Table'[2019]) <> BLANK()))
return
new - last

4.PNG

Is this what you want? If not, please share more details and post a dummy file. Then we can help you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.