Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automated data from different source

Hi everyone, hope you doing well. 

I have a question regarding automating data from different source into Power BI. I have developed a dashboard for my company to measure and monitor their procurement performance. Currently,  I refresh the data by extracting the data manually from sources such as Oracle, and Excel sharepoint. After that, I will copy all the data and paste into excel that contain the existing data. 

However, to make this process automated and more efficiency, I am looking forward to refresh the data automatically from different source such as Oracle and other ERP system into Power BI. May I know how can I continuously load this data from difference source into existing dataset on monthly basis ? what tool should i research on ( etc. Power Query, VBA, Power Automate) ? 

To summarize, I wanted to refresh data from different source automatically. 

Thank you in advance for your advice. 

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You will get mulitple resources online on how to add mulitiple data sources in Power BI.

Ref - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/learn-to-combine-multiple-data-sources-power-query-70cfe6...

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You need to use Power Query in Power BI Desktop. Add tables from different data sources and build the model and report. You can setup a refresh whenever you get a latest data in your data sources. This is the recommended way within Power BI.

Thanks

Hari

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Hariharan_R ,  thank you so much for your clarification. May I know is there any available tutorial or external source that I can look for to develop this ?

Hi,

You will get mulitple resources online on how to add mulitiple data sources in Power BI.

Ref - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/learn-to-combine-multiple-data-sources-power-query-70cfe6...

Thanks

Hari

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seee, okay got it. thank you so much for the clarification. appreciate that !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.