Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automate refresh when new data comes in

Hi there.

I would like to get ideas on how I could refresh automatically the data on my open Power BI dashboard if a new flat file comes in.

Basically, I have a dashboard using data coming from a flat-file that gets updated randomly. With my dashboard already open using the "old" data, I would like it to get refreshed automatically if/when new data comes in, instead of having to click on "refresh" manually. 

Is there a direct long route way of doing this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

PowerBI supports straming (live) data sets that might meet you needs but there are limitaitons.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-frfei-msft 

No, unfortunately, this does not seem to work for us. Basically, the flat file is created from a python script running within Power BI.

Ideally, we would need a script to run within PowerBI to click on refresh automatically,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.