Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wchung
Frequent Visitor

Automate Daily Snapshot and Trend Graphics

Hi,

I'm building an investment dashboard that combines stock inventory (excel) with Yahoo finance stock price (web) to calculate the net market value of each day. This is refreshed daily after the market close. Is there any way to take a snapshot of the result as part of the refresh and import/store it in a table to create daily trend?

Currently I have scheduled refresh set up. After each refresh, I manual export the result and paste it into a table that contains daily result. Then I manually refresh the dataset again so the trend data gets loaded and creates proper graphics. It would be great if I can skip the manual step and update everything in one schedule refresh.

Thanks for any advice!

Helen

5 REPLIES 5
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, 

Right now in power BI can't support the schedule refresh with combine some type data source in single dataset.

u have to check that first.

Then u can create auto refresh for web also in gateway setting . pls check that too.

1.JPG

wchung
Frequent Visitor

Hi Baskar,

The refresh is working alright for me. I'm using personal gateway to connect to file stored in one drive as a workaround so technically they are both web source. I learned that through the community 😉

Any advise on storing the daily data?

Thanks!

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

My suggestion is please go with SSIS 

create one package and store data in SQL Table on daily or houtly basic .

That will help u 

wchung
Frequent Visitor

I see, I have no knowledge in SSIS but I'll look into it!

Thanks for the comments!

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

welcome dude

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.