Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto update from local folder

Hello,

I'm very new to Power BI. My situation:

I want to create a report with data from our website. So every night an Excel is send with data from the day before, to an email address which automatically uploads this file to the Google Drive which is also synchronized on my computer.

So what I want Power BI to do is automatically add this daily new excel file to the already included files.

Can someone explain me how to realize this of how to simplify this way of working?

Edit: I'm using Get data from Folder at the moment, but I'm not sure yet if the report automatically will be updated once a new excel file has been added to the folder.

Thanks in advance,

Thom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

with Power BI you cannot read all the files of a folder from Google Drive at the moment.

With OneDrive it would be possible. In my mind you have 2 options:

1. Upload the files to a OneDrive folder and then load the files from there with Power BI

2. Create a Power Automate Flow that transfers new files from the Google Drive to OneDrive and then access them with Power BI. As an alternative you could load them into an SQL Server and then access that one with Power BI.

If you need any help please let me know.

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards

Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi

Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

with Power BI you cannot read all the files of a folder from Google Drive at the moment.

With OneDrive it would be possible. In my mind you have 2 options:

1. Upload the files to a OneDrive folder and then load the files from there with Power BI

2. Create a Power Automate Flow that transfers new files from the Google Drive to OneDrive and then access them with Power BI. As an alternative you could load them into an SQL Server and then access that one with Power BI.

If you need any help please let me know.

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards

Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi

Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.