Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto refresh for Live Dashboard

I am wanting to creatre a dashboard that the sales people can put on a tele to show live Sales figures.

The refresh options seem to only give me daily etc,

Is there any way to have a manual set time like every five muntes etc.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

The differences between selecting Import and DirectQuery are the following:

Import – the selected tables and columns are imported into Power BI Desktop. As you create or interact with a visualization, Power BI Desktop uses the imported data. You must refresh the data, which imports the full data set again, to see any changes that occurred to the underlying data since the initial import or the most recent refresh.

DirectQuery – no data is imported or copied into Power BI Desktop. The selected tables and columns appear in your Power BI Desktop Fields list. As you create or interact with a visualization, Power BI Desktop queries the underlying data source, which means you’re always viewing current data.

So use DirectQuery which is a Pro feature

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BoKazoit, you still have to schedule refresshes though or hit the refresh button.

I am not wanting people to interact with it, just to see the figures on a big television

Sounds weird if so, because then I see no difference between the two...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct query queries the database on an event, input mode imports the data into the application.

Just need to automate the events somehow

I still do not see the difference between the two then, but if so, then I think I have heard that the only way is MS Azure that You need to explore...

In order for auto refresh you need to load your queries in via DIRECT QUERY mode.

then format page to auto refresh....with pro capacity it will only allow every 30 mins, premium capacity as quick as you want.

when report is published apply auto refresh to the schedule refresh ...

your dashboard should auto refresh on a big screen thereafter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.