Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

user_jivani
Regular Visitor

Auto refresh data in power BI dekstop from excel spreadsheet extracted from sharepoint survey

I'm uploading data from Excel spreadsheet which is extracted from Sharepoint survey. Now for every survey which is filled out, i need to update that data in Power BI without extracting new excel sheet from sharepoint every time or opening the existing excel sheet and refreshing it and save again and again.

As far as i know, only option to extract data from Sharepoint survey is Excel Spreadsheet. Possible options to Get data in Power BI are Excel, Sharepoint online list, Sharepoint List, Web, OData Feed and Sharepoint Folder. I've tried all the possible options (Which i know) to get the updated data every time in Power BI but i'm not able to do it. Please can someone help me with this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

I connected to survey I created using SharePoint online list connector, the address input was from the site that hosted the survey, not linking to the survey itself, i.e.
https://mysite.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite
have you tried that?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

I connected to survey I created using SharePoint online list connector, the address input was from the site that hosted the survey, not linking to the survey itself, i.e.
https://mysite.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite
have you tried that?

I have done this and i'm able to get the updated data but the problem is data which i got through this method is very messy and cleaning data is very difficult. 

well I guess it's a trade off between the connectivity and the data processing, but I don't believe it would be too difficult to format the data in a structured manner

Yeah you are right. I'm moving forward with this option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.