I have a report where I have slicers for "Category" and "SubCategory".
So, if I select a category in 1st slicer and then subcategory in 2nd slicer, I see the data.
Now when I select a different category in 1st slicer, my 2nd slicer still have the Subcategory from old category. How do I make my 2nd slicer to "clear all" itself if I change the Category.
Screenshots below -
Solved! Go to Solution.
What worked for me was to create a hidden slicer for the top level and create bookmarks for every option, with the other slicers without sellection.
Then I created shapes with an action to open the bookmark as selection buttons. This resets the other slicers.
hi @SVD85 can you tell more about what you did and show some snapshots here ?
I am facing the same issue actually but dont know what to do
thank you very much
I have the same problem, there is any solution ?
i`am using roles but is happens the same, if i select something and then change of role the second person can see this selection, and when i change the selection the first selection disappear
1. role 1 only can see customer group "X".
2. role 2 only can see customer group "Y".
3. select on the slicer the group "X".
4. with the "X" selected change the role to role 2.
5. The "X" doesn´t disappear
so in my case the provider 2 can see one of the names of a customer of the provider 1, i can share the report with this...
@vmakhija I am stuck with the same problem. When I change the selection in the first slicer it does not automatically clear the selections from the second slicer. Were you able to find a solutin for this?
Yeah I think it was to do with having a relatioship between 2 if they are in different tables
Or they both should be in same table.
Based on your description, are [Category] and [SubCategory] in different table? You can create a relationship between the two tables so that slicer2 will also be filtered by selecting values in slicer1 just like the table chart, then you can cancel some selections in slicer2 to achieve the chart you want. In addtion, you can also create a new table which contains [Category] and [SubCategory] and make a hierarchy between [Category] and [SubCategory], then you can use a Hierarchy Slicer to achieve your goal, see this: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview.
yes, category and subcategory are in different tables.
Here is a scenario which explains my problem -
1. I select a category and then I select a subcategory which is within that category
2. I select a different category now, however, subcategory is still selected from the old category.
Hence all data is blank.
Have you built a relationship between your 'Category' table and 'Subcategory' table? I have made two sample tables 'table1' and 'table2' like below, there's a relationship based on index column:
PBIX for your reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5jrefudq7gyrii/Auto%20second%20slicer.pbix?dl=0.
This doesn;t work becuase as soon as make a selection in table b you cannot change the selection in a becuase the relationship is bi-directional.
The requirement is the Selection in A changes B and then Changing A changes B without having to un-select B
I'm also having the same problem.
I have 3 slicers like Category, SubCategory and Products.
1. I selected a value(eg: Value1) from Category.
2. I got filtered values for "Value 1" in SubCategory slicer. So I picked a value(eg: SubValue 1) from slicer SubCategory.
3. I selected another value(eg: Value 2) from slicer Category. (Multiselection enabled for all 3 slicers).
4. Then I deselect "Value 1" from Category.
- so the expected behaviour in the slicer SubCategory is that it should deselect the SubValue 1, which belongs to "Value 1" and show the filtered values for "Value 2", right?
But I can see the SubValue 1 as selected with other filtered values of "Value 2".
I have tried your pbix file but it's not working for this scenario.
I dont want to user hierarchical slicer.. becuase I have so much data and it will be easy for me if i have individual slicers with interactions.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!