Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kumsha1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Auto hide report pages/tabs based on user

Hello,

We have multiple tabs in a report and the security requirement is to expose different pages to different user groups.

Is there a way to auto hide report pages/tabs based on user login. Maybe with the use of bookmarks/buttons...Thanks inadvance for your help !

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kumsha1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Solution: Created a security table based on the report tabs and applied RLS on that table. And in PBI service added specific user email to the different groups who can access which tabs of the report.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kumsha1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Solution: Created a security table based on the report tabs and applied RLS on that table. And in PBI service added specific user email to the different groups who can access which tabs of the report.

Hello @kumsha1 , would you mind elaborating on the solution you mentioned here? I am struggling with the same issue and can't seem to figure it out.

Can u please eloborate the solution for 

Auto hide report pages/tabs based on user
or else u can reach me out through my mail id
mohammadyaseen77886@gmail.com

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kumsha1 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. If not, please kindly elaborate more. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@kumsha1 there are solutions (hack) around it but wouldn't recommend that I would rather have a different workspace and respective users have access to each workspace, and reports underneath it.

Maybe there are many reports but they might point to one power bi dataset. 

Also what is the logic to hide a page, it is set of columns to hide or set of rows to hide, if it is rows then Row LEvel security is the answer.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for your reply parry2k,

With the current security requirement we may end up creating many workspaces, which we wanted to avoid by implementing some sort of auto-hiding of pages based on user login. RLS is already applied on dataset. We're just looking for an option at visualisation level to hide/show different pages for different users. Ex: COO should be able to view all tabs of the reprots and marketing can see only marketing related tabs etc..

@kumsha1 it is already an ask on how to apply security on pages but nothing out of the box, but the links @amitchandak  shared, maybe you want to look at that, although not something I will personally do but that's what it is.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.