Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto creating charts based on thresholds of a cell in a table

Wondering if its possible... I have a table.  Its source is refreshed daily. Some of cells track things like dollar amounts or percentages. I want to find out if 1) can I set a threshold for that cell such that when that threshold is crossed, the cell changes color from green to red. For example, in one row I have a cell that show a percentage of sales. I would like to set a percentage of 60%. If the table is updated and the new sales figures are updated and that particular cell sale's figure drops down to 40%. Is it possible to set an action or a trigger or anything that would then automatically change the cell color from green to red and then 2) is it possible that when that sales amount drops to that 40% that a chart would be created on another page, like a Summary Page, that shows that drop? I am imagining a Summary page that keeps track of the table data but with various chart types. Perhaps this one is a line chart and it shows up on the Summary Page because that cell in the table page (which is obviously a separate page/screen) dropped below the pre-defined threshold of 60%....does all this make sense? Is this at all possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

A few additional points:

(1) Here is a similar question about conditional format, please check my answer in this post, link

(2) Although the chart cannot be created automatically, you can set data alerts as a workaround, see bellow

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-set-data-alerts

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-alerts

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will check those links out. Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lavallee - 

The built-in conditional formatting capabilities in Power BI should solve #1: Conditional table formatting in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For #2 there isn't any "auto-create-a-chart" feature but you might be able to leverage report-page tooltips or drillthrough filters to accomplish what you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.