Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto clearing of slicer upon changing the selection in another slicer

Hi community, 

I have multiple slicers on one page that are coming from one table.  I need the 5th slicer (TrainingWeek) to clear off the selection when I change selection in the 4th slicer (trainee).

Eg:  User 48 has weeks 1-6 and user 49 has weeks 1-8.  On first instance, I have selected user 48 in trainee slicer, and weeks 2 and 3 to see the performance of the trainee (user 48) over this period.  On the second instance, I want to select user 49 and see the user's performance over weeks 7 and 8, but when I select user 49, I still find weeks 2-3 selected in the training week slicer.  

Is there any way that trainng week slicer will reset to null upon change in trainee slicer.

Pbix file can be found hereSlicerDemo.jpg

NOTE:  I am using ChicletSlicer here which is a client requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Sabyasachi 

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

No. It is not able to make the second slicer deselect currect selection automatically when you change the selection of first slicer.

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay @v-luwang-msft .  Thanks for confirming.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Assume both slicers are linked to a common fact, then take a measure from the fact and filter for not blank. This should help. But this will not remove a saved or selected value, But that value will not be part of the selected item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @amitchandak  for finding time to look into the issue.  I have already created the measure to filter out blanks. 

My requirement here is slightly different here:  Lets say, the client has selected weeks 5 & 6 under user 48 and the client does not want to spend time unselecting these selections before going to user 49.  The client wants the weeks slicer to be reset when they click user 49 on the other slicer, i.e., no weeks selected when they are moving to user49. 

Is there anyway we can reset the week filter selection to none upon switching users in the users slicer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.