Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Select values in slicer

Hello,

I build a filter on the fly with a list of values but the filtering is not working unless I manually select the values in the slicer.

Is there a way to have these values selected automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean set default values in slicer visual automatically, the answer is no. Otherwise you check slicer values in edit mode and save the report mentioned by @KHorseman.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeGittings
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean set default values in slicer visual automatically, the answer is no. Otherwise you check slicer values in edit mode and save the report mentioned by @KHorseman.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous

If you want a default value to be selected, then you can use the Chiclet Slicer instead; the default Slicer in Power BI does not have any default value selection yet.

Kind regards,

Yogesh

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous  Are you talking about Slicers or Visual, Page, Report Level Filters?

The Chiclet Slicer - has a Forced Selection option...

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/ChicletSlicer1448559807354

Forced Selection.png

This is savior!! Thank you so much

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you have a default selection you want on a slicer, you can make those selections and save the file with those selections made and the slicer will be held in that state until a user changes it. It will always default back to that selection when you reload the page. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. The request is a little vague.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.