Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

Auto Page Refresh not working with Web Content API

Hello,

I am adding an auto page refresh and have a visual that is calling API to get it's data. I currently see in Power BI Desktop that this visual data is not refreshing as supposed to.

Does anyone knows what I could be missing?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Marc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Marco57 , As per the document I doubt you can use this source for automatic refresh.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fsciencetech
Helper III
Helper III

Many thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if web content can be used as pushed dataset looks like  more meant for DAX queries.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Marco57 , I think this feature is for direct query sources, is that configured as a direct query source ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

@amitchandak 

I can't configure it as DirectQuery source unfortunately in Power BI Desktop but Web content is listed as part of compatible Direct Query Data Sources here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources#data-sources-t-z

@Marco57 , As per the document I doubt you can use this source for automatic refresh.

@amitchandak Indeed I was misreading it, it say No for the web content compatibility with DirectQuery. Which is pretty sad btw ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.