Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DEngLead
Frequent Visitor

Authentication failed after unpivot

I have connected to a set of data successfully from a SharePoint list via the "Get Data" menu.  However, whenever I tried to Unpivot some columns, I would get an authentication error asking me to edit credentials:

"We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided.  Please try again."

I have tried it with different columns and it doesn't seem to matter which I try to unpivot, I'd still get the same error.  I am currently signed in to access the SharePoint list through Organization account.

DEngLead_0-1651743529121.png

8 REPLIES 8
Stanley_Liu2023
Regular Visitor

My colleagues found the solution!

Select SharePoint Online List, rather than SharePoint List.

Stanley_Liu2023_0-1683776866578.png

Then select 2.0 rather than 1.0

Stanley_Liu2023_1-1683777008572.png

By doing above two steps, unpivot will work smoothly, without the issue of "We couldn't authenticate with the credential provided..."

Stanley_Liu2023
Regular Visitor

Hi, @DEngLead did you solve the problem? I encouter the same... none of the solutions works.

ncdsknvkdnfkvnf

hi,have you solved  the problem? i have the same problem as you

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DEngLead , In the Datasource setting, Clear permission and then provide credentials and try again

Thanks for your reply.  I have done that as suggested on this discussion, unfortunately the issue persisted.

Hi, @DEngLead 

Clear permissions and try selecting top-level address of sharepoint url to apply authentication.

Set the level of the authentication method 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  I am afraid I do not have the rights to access the top level address of the SharePoint URL.  I can only access that one particular site.

Hi, @DEngLead 

If you still have no idea about your problem and you’re a Power BI Pro customer, you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.