cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashidanwar
Frequent Visitor

Authentic to host using method ''mySql_native_password' failed: Plugin 'unix_socket' is not loaded

Hi everybody, 
I am getting an error while connecting to mySql database
Here is the full error message I see when I refresh the power BI desktop report.

"MySQL: Authentication to host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' for user '' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Plugin 'unix_socket' is not loaded".

I would appreceiate any help in this regard.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rashidanwar
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Ibendlin for your response. This problem was resolved as follow.
Context of the problem: I changed my lapptop and after installing the power BI on new laptop I did face this problem. 

Later I came to know that, when we install power BI, credentials in the Data Source Setting are set to windows by default. So I changed them to Database by going to
Home => Transform data => Data Source Setting => Edit Permissions => Edit => Database and then provide your database credentials there, hit the SAVE button and you are DONE!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rashidanwar
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Ibendlin for your response. This problem was resolved as follow.
Context of the problem: I changed my lapptop and after installing the power BI on new laptop I did face this problem. 

Later I came to know that, when we install power BI, credentials in the Data Source Setting are set to windows by default. So I changed them to Database by going to
Home => Transform data => Data Source Setting => Edit Permissions => Edit => Database and then provide your database credentials there, hit the SAVE button and you are DONE!

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.