Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

Authentic to host using method ''mySql_native_password' failed: Plugin 'unix_socket' is not loaded

Hi everybody, 
I am getting an error while connecting to mySql database
Here is the full error message I see when I refresh the power BI desktop report.

"MySQL: Authentication to host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' for user '' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Plugin 'unix_socket' is not loaded".

I would appreceiate any help in this regard.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you Ibendlin for your response. This problem was resolved as follow.
Context of the problem: I changed my lapptop and after installing the power BI on new laptop I did face this problem. 

Later I came to know that, when we install power BI, credentials in the Data Source Setting are set to windows by default. So I changed them to Database by going to
Home => Transform data => Data Source Setting => Edit Permissions => Edit => Database and then provide your database credentials there, hit the SAVE button and you are DONE!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you Ibendlin for your response. This problem was resolved as follow.
Context of the problem: I changed my lapptop and after installing the power BI on new laptop I did face this problem. 

Later I came to know that, when we install power BI, credentials in the Data Source Setting are set to windows by default. So I changed them to Database by going to
Home => Transform data => Data Source Setting => Edit Permissions => Edit => Database and then provide your database credentials there, hit the SAVE button and you are DONE!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.