cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Re: Australia maps

What does not appear.pngWhat appears in admin portal is only The red ones - NOT yellow- Admin LogonOn My Machine -Service.PNGWhat appears in On Power BI -service - MY machine

Hi Jerry,

I have checd the settings witin the admi portal details

(The link says https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-arcgis/#managing-use-of-a...)

Tenant admin options In PowerBI.com, tenant administrators can prevent all tenant users from using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI by disabling. When this happens, Power BI will no longer see the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI icon in the visualizations pane.)

however these are not visble within the admin or tenant options

I have highlighted thye yellow ones that dont appear within Admin Portal.

any suggestions ?

Cheers

Charmaine

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @charmainer,

Are you a Power BI Pro user? Based on my test, only Pro user(not for free and Pro trial user) has the option to use ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview) on Power BI service currently.

Regards

charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Hi Jerry,

Yes, i am  Pro User - part of the 60 day free trial . The people i have shared the Maps dashboard too have got PB Pro Trial via the Power Bi  service.

May be i should get The Administrator to But the Pro licence and see if after publish report with arc Gis - it displays

Are you a power Bi pro Users? have u managed to deply the Map in a dashboard via the service?

charmainer Helper III
Helper III

On saying that, I have used ArcGis within the PowerBi Desktp - while i am still a PBI pro -n Free Trial user.

wokrs a treat on desktop ... but not within service.

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @charmainer,

Yes, I'm a Power BI Pro user(not Pro Trial), and the ArcGIS Map can be shown on my dashboard.

dashboard.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Great .. i will buy the lic. and see it it works. Thanks

charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Did you need to do any other settings in the Admin area...

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @charmainer,

No, just finish the steps here to enable ArcGIS Map for Power BI.Smiley Happy

Regards

charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Done all those steps already  in desktop.

Will organise my Lic and see if this works. - i will be in touch with my success

Thanks a Million

Cheers

Highlighted
charmainer Helper III
Helper III

Hi Jerry

I just got my Power Bi Pro licence..

Opend the Power Bi Desktop... and Published the Page with The ArcGIS Map ...

... I have made sure the settings in the Desktop , has the Tick PBI _desktop.PNGIn PB Desktop

However on Publishing the same - The MAp is  Still not visible.

I have asked the Administrator to check the Tenennat options ... However these setings down appear witin his PowerBI Admin What does not appear1.pngDoes not appear in Admin Area of PB Service.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-arcgis/#managing-use-of-a...)

Any other Ideas ... Tried almost everything 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors