Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

charmainer
Helper III
Helper III

Australia maps

I want to generate a Power BI report (Map), where I want to plot States, Suburbs in all states  in  throughout Australia.

currently all its shows is us maps.  could anlyone know please advise what i would need to get this going.

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @charmainer,

Yes, I'm a Power BI Pro user(not Pro Trial), and the ArcGIS Map can be shown on my dashboard.

dashboard.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

Hi @charmainer,

No, just finish the steps here to enable ArcGIS Map for Power BI.Smiley Happy

Regards

Done all those steps already  in desktop.

Will organise my Lic and see if this works. - i will be in touch with my success

Thanks a Million

Cheers

42 REPLIES 42

@charmainer, as the ArcGIS Maps is still under preview, there are still some issues with it currently. I was acknowledged that it will be released in the very near future, I will monitor to see whether this same issue still exits. 

Hi Vicky,

Is there any explaination as to why some paid/pro accounts cannot access the preview features and others can?

Are some features only available to certain regions?  This is incredibly frustrating to remain in the dark about this.

Edit: I am in Northern Europe (Ireland) region with the data stored in an on premise SSAS instance.

The issue has nothing to do with the PRo account and Service.. i was under the imprssion too , since Power Bi doc mentioned we neede to have this account , however it only is working for desktop. 😞

Seems to be fixed now, just noticed that latest blog post so had a quick check and Esri now working for me in the service.....

I totally agree... very frustrating:(

I did recieve a message fro Esri that MS is working on this as there are few issues.

So yep cant wait for this to be sorted.

Regards

Charmaine

Thanks i appreciate  that... its beyond my witts.Smiley Sad

@charmainer, I reported your issue internally and another senior engineer is checking it. Per her request, we need the following information, in Power BI Service, please go to the question mark in the top right hand corner, then to “About Power BI” and send a screenshot of the information. 

Hi Vicky,

My Power BI service Details

Power Bi service -About CharmainerPower Bi service -About Charmainer

Charmaine

Hi there, just wanted to say that I am having the same issue: ArcGIS enabled in the tenant, ArcGIS visual enabled in PowerBI Desktop, Pro user.  I've published a report containing the visual to the service but get a blank display in the report online.  In PowerBI.com, I can see the border of the visual but there is no content.

My details below:

ArcGIS issue.PNG

Hi there, any update on this?  Shall we engage MS support or is there someone working on a fix?

Thanks!

Ed

Hi,

i have no update yet. It wlould be good to get MS aswell onto it. I... I am looking at other map alternatives ...as its been a taking a while. In have not yet had any luck  thought.

cheers

Charmaine

Hi Vicky,

I have the same issue as charmainer; I am a paid pro user, admin setting is enabled but can't see the map setting or the maps in published reports......

esri issue.png

Cheers

Mark

Hi, just wanted to report that I had the same issue here. I'm a Pro user and cannot see the option to enable the ArcGIS preview in the Power BI Service. When publishing reports, the ArcGIS visual just stays blank.

My Power BI Service "About"  dialog is similar to thre one posted previously:

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

This screen does not appear in the Admin Portral of Power BI 😞

Ok This has now been enabled( again)  within the portal.

Did you need to do any other settings in the Admin area...

Hi @charmainer,

No, just finish the steps here to enable ArcGIS Map for Power BI.Smiley Happy

Regards

Done all those steps already  in desktop.

Will organise my Lic and see if this works. - i will be in touch with my success

Thanks a Million

Cheers

Great .. i will buy the lic. and see it it works. Thanks

What appears in admin  portal is only The red ones - NOT yellow- Admin LogonWhat appears in admin portal is only The red ones - NOT yellow- Admin LogonWhat appears in On Power BI -service - MY machineWhat appears in On Power BI -service - MY machine

Hi Jerry,

I have checd the settings witin the admi portal details

(The link says https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-arcgis/#managing-use-of-a...)

Tenant admin options In PowerBI.com, tenant administrators can prevent all tenant users from using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI by disabling. When this happens, Power BI will no longer see the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI icon in the visualizations pane.)

however these are not visble within the admin or tenant options

I have highlighted thye yellow ones that dont appear within Admin Portal.

any suggestions ?

Cheers

Charmaine

mpo
Helper II
Helper II

Have a look at this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.