Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blaw
Regular Visitor

Australia map not working correctly

I am using the Map to try to map our company stores (by state ) in the Australia map.

The Legends of the states showed with  8 differenct colours. Australia_stores_by_state

However only 6 states showed up on the map. Western Australia (WA) and New Zealand (NZ)  did not show.

Did anyone have this issue?

25 REPLIES 25

Hi guavaq,

I have tried with State and Country in the Location in the map, but the Legends I can only include state.

It still has no effect. Where do you specify the country in the map just to make sure I did not miss anything?

Hi @blaw

I think that possibly things might be lost in translation.

What I have suggested is that you create a calculated column within your Power BI Model, that contains both the State and the Country. So this means that there will be a new column in your Power BI Model called "State-Country"

And this calculated column will be a combination of your State column with Australia at the end. 

Once you then have this calculated column "State-Country" then change the data categorization to City or state, it should then show correctly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi guavaq,

As I explain before I get my data from SSAS. I cannot create a new calculated column in Power BI.

Not to mention further about the data categorization as it is disable.

I can only create state-country in my dimension in SSAS.

If I specified the state-country as  Georgraphy - 'State' in the data type, whether the map in Power BI recognise it as the state in Australia.

I have arlready tried filter out the country to Australia. 

blaw
Regular Visitor

Thanks guavaq for your replies. I actually learn more about Power BI eventhough this issue is not resolved.

Will log this to Microsoft.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @blaw, can you confirm that you do have data for the WA and NZ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.