Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PGanesamoorthy
Frequent Visitor

August 2019 Release Setup not working

Hi Guys,

Today I have downloaded August update and tried to install it. But it not installing. Even I am not getting any single window while click on setup.

Please sugguest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PGanesamoorthy ,

Which version are you trying to install? I have installed power bi desktop on my side very well.(version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)).

Capture.PNG 

In addtion, please check if your computer meets minimum requirement below:

• Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, or later
  • .NET 4.5
  • Internet Explorer 10 or later
  • Memory (RAM): At least 1 GB available, 1.5 GB or more recommended.
  • Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.
  • Windows Display settings: If your display settings are set to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that must be closed or responded to in order to proceed using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your Display settings by going to Settings > System > Display in Windows, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.
  • CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor recommended.

For troubleshooting ways, please also check doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#considerations-and-limitations

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PGanesamoorthy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @johubb & @rossmclean ,

I have tried both of you ideas. Both ideas worked for me.

Thanks @v-yuta-msft for your suggestion and idea.

Thanks a lot Guys.

Regards,

Ganesamoorthy Pandian

rossmclean
Regular Visitor

I was experiencing a similar issue. I tried the silent install and it worked. 

I used the command:

.\PBIDesktopSetup.exe -silent -log install.txt ACCEPT_EULA=1

PGanesamoorthy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

Since I am not a Power BI Pro user, I am not able to create support ticket regarding this issue. Anyhow thanks for your support.

Regards,

Ganesamoorthy Pandian

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PGanesamoorthy ,

Please create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

PGanesamoorthy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

johubb
Regular Visitor

I also had this issue with multiple clean installs of Windows. The workaround is to install the July release of Power BI first and then install the latest August version.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PGanesamoorthy ,

Which version are you trying to install? I have installed power bi desktop on my side very well.(version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)).

Capture.PNG 

In addtion, please check if your computer meets minimum requirement below:

• Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, or later
  • .NET 4.5
  • Internet Explorer 10 or later
  • Memory (RAM): At least 1 GB available, 1.5 GB or more recommended.
  • Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.
  • Windows Display settings: If your display settings are set to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that must be closed or responded to in order to proceed using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your Display settings by going to Settings > System > Display in Windows, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.
  • CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor recommended.

For troubleshooting ways, please also check doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#considerations-and-limitations

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Adit
Regular Visitor

I am also facing the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.