Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

August 2018 Release: Unexpected error importing json file from Data Lake

Hi,

in the August release I'm trying to import a Json file from Data Lake and performing the conversion step below:

= Json.Document(#"CustUserList json")

I receive the following error (same error also converting other files. All of them are perfectly valid Json files).

Unexpected error: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count.
Details:
Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> System.Threading.SemaphoreFullException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count. ---> System.Threading.SemaphoreFullException: Adding the specified count to the semaphore would cause it to exceed its maximum count.
at System.Threading.Semaphore.Release(Int32 releaseCount)
at System.Threading.Semaphore.Release()
at Microsoft.Internal.EngineContext.Leave()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Web.WebContentsBinaryValue.get_AsBytes()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Runtime.Library.Binary.BufferFunctionValue.TypedInvoke(Value value)

This is an issue of the August Release. Previous release worked fine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found a way to revert back to July PBI release here and now everything is working fine.

@v-shex-msft: Please file it as a bug to the product team.

There is also another bug in the August release with ADLS connector. PBI asks for an optional parameter in the ADLS connection window but if you leave it blank the PBI retruns an error and you cannot go further.

Moreover if you do not delete the null or [] parameters that PBI automatically adds in the M language in the ADLS connectionstring when you publish the pbix to the PBI service you receive an error when ADLS dataset refreshes.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Got the exact same problem on the August build.

A workaround that worked for me is to execute a Text.FromBinary before the Json.Document:

2018-08-17_11-52-35.png

Hope it helps...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Got the exact same problem on the August build.

A workaround that worked for me is to execute a Text.FromBinary before the Json.Document:

2018-08-17_11-52-35.png

Hope it helps...

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I think this issue is more related to azure data lake json data amount limitation.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you to write a custom extractor instead to load data with original json array schema, it should more suitable with huge amount of data.

How do I load Large JSON Array files into Azure Data Lake Analytics (ADLA)

Extract JSON lines in U-SQL

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

this is not the case. The file is only 2.8KB.

Consider the following 2 things:

1 if I open with PBI from local file system it works correctly

2 everything was functioning right in the July version of PBI, looks like an issue introduced with August version.

Is there a way to rollback the installation of PBI to July version?

Regards

Stefano

Anonymous
Not applicable

Found a way to revert back to July PBI release here and now everything is working fine.

@v-shex-msft: Please file it as a bug to the product team.

There is also another bug in the August release with ADLS connector. PBI asks for an optional parameter in the ADLS connection window but if you leave it blank the PBI retruns an error and you cannot go further.

Moreover if you do not delete the null or [] parameters that PBI automatically adds in the M language in the ADLS connectionstring when you publish the pbix to the PBI service you receive an error when ADLS dataset refreshes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.