cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elkay
Advisor

August 2017 Update?

Has this been published yet? If not, does anyone know when it will be published? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: August 2017 Update?

Hi @Elkay,

Power BI desktop August 2017 update has been released. You can view the August feature summary and download the file from below blog:

Power BI Desktop August Feature Summary

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Hey,

on this blog post

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/here-s-how-microsoft-executives-are-using-power-bi/

, down in the comments it is stated, that the August update will be released any time soon, personally I guess today or tomorrow at the latest.

Regards 

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
Elkay
Advisor

The reason I asked is because a couple of months ago (I think it was the June update) - the program was updated, but the desktop version did not let you know. So I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss it.

danextian New Contributor
New Contributor

I think it was in July when the program did not notify about the update. I only found out about it from Power BI blog.

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
www.linkedin.com/in/danebelarminocpa
tjd Established Member
Established Member

If you turn on Updates under File|Options, the PowerBI Desktop should automatically inform you that an update is available when a new one has been released.  It's been working ok for me since they introduced the feature:updates.png

There's an "yet to be announced" August 2017 version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Downloading now. :-)

Sorry for false alarm... downloaded file same as July.

danextian New Contributor
New Contributor

Too excited man? So am I.
I wish they'd release at least the bookmark feature.
"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
www.linkedin.com/in/danebelarminocpa
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Elkay,

Power BI desktop August 2017 update has been released. You can view the August feature summary and download the file from below blog:

Power BI Desktop August Feature Summary

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gvdw Visitor
Visitor

Just downloaded it.  Great features, but I am missing the marker option for line graphs.