Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

August 2017 Update?

Has this been published yet? If not, does anyone know when it will be published? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Power BI desktop August 2017 update has been released. You can view the August feature summary and download the file from below blog:

Power BI Desktop August Feature Summary

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Tas1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all, I have updated PowerBI desktop last night. I have a script I'm reusing every month to read multiple excel files from a folder and apply some transformations on the data, sicne I have updated to the august version I keep on getting this error:

Expression.Error: The column 'Day' of the table wasn't found.
Details:
Day

Also when got back to read the script from the reports produced in a previous month I got the same error again! although it was working perfectly before the update!!!

I looked for solutions in the community but none applies to this!! 

Help please!!

Here's the full script:

let
ImportDaily =
let
Source = Folder.Files(<Folder Path>),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"Content"}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "GetExcelData", each Excel.Workbook([Content])),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Content"}),
#"Expanded GetExcelData" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Columns", "GetExcelData", {"Name", "Data", "Item", "Kind", "Hidden"}, {"Name", "Data", "Item", "Kind", "Hidden"}),
#"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded GetExcelData",{"Hidden"}),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns1", "RemovedRows", each Table.Skip([Data],5)),
#"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom1", "PromotedHeaders", each Table.PromoteHeaders([RemovedRows])),
#"Added Custom3" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom2", "DateFill", each Table.FillDown([PromotedHeaders],{"Day"})),
#"Added Custom4" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom3", "RemoveChannel", each Table.RemoveColumns([DateFill],{"Channel"})),
#"Added Custom5" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom4", "RemoveFileName", each Table.RemoveColumns([RemoveChannel],1)),
#"Removed Columns2" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom5",{"RemoveFileName"}),
#"Added Custom6" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns2", "UnpivotData", each Table.UnpivotOtherColumns([RemoveChannel], {"Start GP", "Day"}, "Attribute", "Value")),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom6",{"UnpivotData"}),
#"Expanded UnpivotData" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "UnpivotData", {"Day", "Start GP", "Attribute", "Value"}, {"Day", "Start GP", "Attribute", "Value"})
in
#"Expanded UnpivotData",
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(ImportDaily, each ([Day] <> "Total")),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Filtered Rows",{{"Day", type date}, {"Start GP", type time}, {"Attribute", type text}, {"Value", type text}}),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type","--","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Value"}),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value",{{"Value", type number}}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Changed Type1",{{"Start GP", "5min"}, {"Attribute", "Channel"}, {"Value", "000s"}}),
#"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Renamed Columns",{"Day", "Channel", "5min", "000s"}),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Day", "Date"}}),
#"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns1", each ([000s] <> null))
in
#"Filtered Rows1"

Thank you !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just downloaded it.  Great features, but I am missing the marker option for line graphs.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Power BI desktop August 2017 update has been released. You can view the August feature summary and download the file from below blog:

Power BI Desktop August Feature Summary

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

on this blog post

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/here-s-how-microsoft-executives-are-using-power-bi/

, down in the comments it is stated, that the August update will be released any time soon, personally I guess today or tomorrow at the latest.

Regards 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I asked is because a couple of months ago (I think it was the June update) - the program was updated, but the desktop version did not let you know. So I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss it.

I think it was in July when the program did not notify about the update. I only found out about it from Power BI blog.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you turn on Updates under File|Options, the PowerBI Desktop should automatically inform you that an update is available when a new one has been released.  It's been working ok for me since they introduced the feature:updates.png

There's an "yet to be announced" August 2017 version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Downloading now. 🙂

Sorry for false alarm... downloaded file same as July.

Too excited man? So am I.
I wish they'd release at least the bookmark feature.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.