Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsrk1982
Frequent Visitor

Attrition Annualized turnover

Dear All,

I am working in Employee headcount and attrition report in power bi.One of the requirement given as below representation.
Customer want to find turnover according to the Voluntary and In Voluntary resignations and their total.The 3 things we arrived.
Customer is using Excel to find Linear total using linear function graph in excel.
How to achieve the same in power bi.In power bi analytics tab Forecast was removed.

We have build the graph with trend line but here is the challenge is "X" axis only support numeric values not text.
Example : If we plot "X" axis JAN,FEB,MAR  the linear line not coming but if we make "X" axis as 01,02,03 etc Linear total line coming.

Is any other representation to achieve the same let me know.AnnualTurnover.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gsrk1982,

We definitely can put the TEXT on the X-axis. Please refer to the snapshot below. Can you share a dummy sample?

Attrition-Annualized-turnover

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.We are able to plot Text value in "X" axis but if we are going to show Trend line in chart those trend line are not appearing if "X" axis is text value.

Find the attached sample PBIX file trend line in the fist page drill down is appearing if we drill to Month page its not coming and if you see on the left side NAN (Not an number) alert is coming.

Year.JPGYEar2.JPG

Hi @gsrk1982,

I'm afraid that's a limitation for now. The trend goes along an axis. It's easy to determine the order of numbers while it's hard to determine the order of the text. I think this feature can be achieved. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.